Why buy property
10 reasons to buy property in Portugal
1. Purchasing and keeping ownership of a property for at least five years can make you eligible for Portuguese citizenship;
2. The opportunity to own a home where there is sunshine all year round;
3. The cost of living in Portugal is one of the lowest in Europe;
4. It is an investment with high rental yields;
5. Portugal is a safe place to live with a high level of political stability;
6. It is a beautiful country with unspoiled nature and golden beaches;
7. Portugal offers a very high quality of life;
8. Great tax incentives through the NHR scheme;
9. It is easily accessible from Europe, US and Africa;
10. Public infrastructure such as healthcare and transportation are widely available and accessible, as well technologic advanced, Internet & mobile telecommunications network;
Lisbon: Gateway to Europe
Quality of Life and Safety
Quality of living combined with high safety records make Lisbon & PORTUGAL easy sell when attracting
Real Estate ownership. Moreover, sunny weather, great food, stunning architecture, world class surfing
and golf and a dynamic cultural life add to the retention of Residents in the city, and all over the Country.
Global Peace Index 2019 - #3 out of 163 countries
(Source: Institute for Economics and Peace)
Top Expat Destinations 2018 – #6 out of 68 countries
(Source: InterNations – Expat Insider 2018, The InterNations Survey):
Quality of Life Index - #2
Feeling at Home - #3
Personal Happiness – #4
Ease of Settling In Index – #4
Leisure options – #4
Friendliness - #5
Health & Well-Being - #6
Cost of Living - #11
Cultural and Creative Cities Monitor 2017 Scores and Rankings, XL Category – #3 Lisboa
(Source: EU - The Cultural and Creative Cities Monitor: 2017 Edition)
Cultural Vibrancy Index - #1
Cultural Venues & Facilities - #1
Museums - #1
Sights & landmarks - #2
Concerts & shows - #2
Creative Economy Index - #9
Jobs in new Enterprises in Other Creative Sectors - #1
New Jobs in Creative Sectors - #2
Jobs in New Arts, Culture & Entertainment Enterprises - #4
World Travel Awards 2018 & 2019 & 2020
(Source: World Travel Awards):
World's Leading City Destination 2018 - Lisboa
World's Leading City Break Destination 2018 - Lisboa
World's Leading City Break Destination 2019 - Lisboa
World's Leading City Break Destination 2020 - Lisboa
World's Leading Destination 2018 - Portugal
Europe's Leading City Destination 2018 - Lisboa
Europe's Leading City Break Destination 2019 - Lisboa
Europe's Leading Cruise Port 2019 - Lisbon Cruise Port
Europe's Leading Destination 2019 - Portugal
Europe's Leading City Tourist Board 2020 - Lisboa
Portugal Golden Visa Program
One of the most successful immigration programs in Europe, the Golden Residence Permit Program in Portugal, grants the right to live, work and study in the country, with visa-free access within the Schengen zone ( 26 Countries).
Estimated government approval in 90 days.
Entire Family are Eligible
Spouses, dependent children and parents.
Within Schengen Zone for 90 days within any six-month period.
Low Minimum Stay Requirements
7 days during the 1st yr & 14 days during each subsequent 2yrs of residence.
EU Permanent Residency & Citizenship
Apply for citizenship after completing the 5th year.
Attractive Tax Regime
Beneficial tax regime for non-habitual residents (NHR).
Option to Let Your Property
Secure your EU residency with potential returns on your investments.
High Standard of Schooling
Access to many prestigious universities at lower EU tuition fees.